5 Things I Can't Wait To Experience With Zach08:55
Having a baby is so exciting because you get to experience so many things for the first time. I remember all of the milestones we've reached but there are so many yet to come, and so many moments I can't wait to share with him. Making memories together truly is one of the most special things about being a parent. I thought I'd write a list of the things I can't wait to experience:
1. Showing us love. Although Zach clearly knows that we are his parents, and quite often laughs at us he is yet to show us affection. I dream of the day that he holds his arms up to us for a cuddle, or leans in and gives us kisses. It must be the sweetest thing of all.
2. Christmas. If you know me you will know that I am a massive fan of Christmas, and I love everything about it (only six months to go!!). This year will be Zach's first, and I am so so excited about it. I'm also looking forward to Christmases in the years to come when he will be able to experience the magic!
3. Hearing his voice. My dad always says you spend the first few years of a child's life teaching them to talk and then the rest of it telling them to shut up! I'm sure this is a little bit true, but even so I am so excited to hear his voice. I wonder what Zach's first word will be! (Fun fact: one of my first words was Tesco!)
4. Conker collecting. Every year as a child my mum used to take me into the big parks in the city with big bags to go and collect conkers in Autumn. It was one of our traditions and marked the beginning of my favourite time of year. It is something that I can't wait to pass on, and I'm sure we will spend whole afternoons foraging through the leaves for shiny round treasure.
5. School plays & assemblies. It is crazy to think that one day my little baby will be old enough to be at school, but I'm sure time will fly and that we will get there sooner than I can imagine! One of my favourite things at school was when it was turn for our class to do a play or assembly and invite our parents in to watch. I can't wait to be sat in the crowd watching my little boy at the front!
Although these are some of the things I can't wait to experience with Zach I am definitely not wishing life away, and I'm trying to enjoy every minute while he is still a baby!
What are the things you can't wait to experience with your children?