RECIPE | Creamy Mushroom, Pea and Pancetta Pasta10:36
Each week there are a few evenings when we get home late and need to cook a really quick and simple meal for dinner, and our go to at the moment is creamy mushroom, pea and pancetta pasta. This is a recipe I created simply by throwing some things together in a frying pan and hoping for the best, and thankfully it turned out to be really delicious. I don't weigh anything, so there are no proper measurements, but I always find that recipes work the best when you just wing it.
For 2-3 servings you will need:
A little oil for frying
1 punnet mushrooms (any kind will work)
1 package diced pancetta (either smoked or unsmoked)
1-2 cloves of garlic
1 tub of creme fraiche
2 handfuls of frozen peas
salt and pepper to season
pasta of choice - I use spaghetti or tagliatelle
1. Put your pasta in a saucepan with water and put it on the hob to boil.
2. Pop your oil and pancetta into a frying pan on a low heat. Slice your mushrooms and add them to the frying pan, turn up the heat a little and let them cook.
3. Chop or crush your garlic, and add this to the frying pan once the pancetta and mushrooms are cooked through. Continue to cook for a minute, and then stir in the creme fraiche.
4. After a few minutes, if your sauce is quite watery, add a little cornflour to thicken it up.
5. Once your pasta is cooked through add the frozen peas to the sauce in your frying pan, and leave them to cook whilst you drain the pasta.
6. Return the pasta to the saucepan, and then pour the sauce from the frying pan into it. Stir the two together, and then it is ready to serve!
You can also swap out the ingredients with whatever you have at home - this sauce tastes great with leeks instead of peas or chicken instead pancetta, and if Zach is eating with us I will leave the salt out.